Support to Governments: Commercial Disputes and Initiatives
DATAGRO has provided advisory services to the Brazilian Government in all initiatives related to power planning held since 1985, in deregulation of the Brazilian sugar and alcohol sector and in international negotiations and disputes regarding agricultural commodities trading.
DATAGRO has also advised producers and governments from other countries in initiatives focused on production development and utilization of biofuels, such as:
- Coordination of defense in anti-dumping actions and countervailing duties involving Brazil's ethanol exports to the United States, in the International Trade Commission, Washington, DC;
- Economic advise in commercial disputes with the World Trade Organization (WTO);
- Subsided sugar exports of the European Union (sugar litigation);
- New European regime for importing of bananas or Import of pneumatic tires from the European Union.
- Consultancy for creation of regulating marks for development of production and use of ethanol in large scale, and Full biofuel program in countries producing sugarcane and other raw materials.